CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Computer Geek Within

I'm a computer geek! There! You have it! The fun part about me being a computer geek is that you won't know unless you ask me something about computers. I don't appear to be "geekish" nor do I have the apparent characteristics of a geek at all.
For the past 6 months, I've been interning in the I.T. Department of an Engineering Firm. I have my own office, my own tasks, lunch break, meetings.. I'm living the life of a typical i.t. technician!! I learned all about the hardware and software of a computer. As far as hardware, very hands on! I can actually order computer parts and build a computer in my very home on my very own. And for software, I learned about all the ins and out of Windows, including, Windows XP, 2000, Vista and others.
Its rather fun and exciting, I think of it like, how many 17 year old city girls who's grades are a B-C average, actually can build a computer..or laptop!
That just goes to show you can be anything you put your mind to. I admit I'm not a genius, nor and I an airhead. I have more knowledge in some aspects than others. And it just so happens that technology holds a higher interest in my brain than other things. I just thinks its cool!

2 comments:

lala said...

Wow, MasAllah!!! That's really, really awesome sis! It's a great field to get into and inshAllah you'll keep learning more and more. It's wonderful you've started in on something so helpful career-wise at 17!!!

nida said...

lol awsome sis - im a computer geek in a different sense - I hang on it all the time lol , but i bet it be beneficial knowing how to make one too :P!